I am honored to be tagged by The Feather and the Flower for a meme to reveal six things about myself. Here are the rules:
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
- Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up
To rev up my thinking processes, I took a quiz to reveal what my personal power bird might be. NetFlickster’s bird is a cardinal. Ah! You don’t have to be a birder to appreciate the handsome profile of flying scarlet! I read about others: swans, eagles, wrens. Oh, I thought, I wonder what my power bird is. Like other birders, my favorite species changes with what I happen to be looking for at the moment, but I can say that the Common Loon is right up there on my list. Often solitary, ethereal, reclusive. I took the test and eagerly waited for the result:
1. So…my first random thing about myself: My Power Bird is a Vulture. Oh well. I have always been impressed by a vulture’s ability to adapt. I stop people from referring to them as “ugly,” since that is a human value projected on a creature who has cleverly adapted to its environment. No head feathers means no tidying up after gutting the latest road kill. No muss, no fuss. Don’t you just hate crusty malar feathers after a gooey highway snack?
2. I crave solitude but rarely get it, even though we have no children. This is not a complaint, just a wish. Wait, maybe both.
3. I love winter but am scared of driving in snow. Do it anyway.
4. Favorite cuisine? I know you are dying to know this. Indian, especially the recipes from the cookbooks by Madhur Jaffrey.
5. I once canoed the Allagash River in Maine, one of two rivers in the US that runs south to north. Paddled all 110 miles of it with a very congenial group and an excellent guide. I dream of doing this again with a group of women before my life on this earth is over. Anyone want to join me?
6. I would rather shovel horse manure than go to a business meeting. Sometimes it’s the same thing.
Running this meme is a fun thing to do, so if you would like to join in, consider yourself tagged!